Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Taking Off



With the weather getting, and staying warmer, the garden is finally starting to look like it's growing.  I will need to stake the tomatoes this week, pull some wheat that is coming up in the straw, and probably keep it watered a little more frequently.



I haven't harvested much yet.  Only a few mustard greens and spinach.  All of my cool weather crops were put in late, so I don't really expect much from them.  The tomatoes are all blooming and I have several with fruit.  We have picked a few strawberries, but nothing to write home about.  I think these plants are June-bearing, so I don't expect much more this season.  I will find some ever-bearing to get put in soon.  Next summer we should have a good crop.





My purple bell peppers and jalapenos are doing well.  The potatoes look fine as well as the sunflowers and okra.  The black beans should bloom any time now.




My other project is growing well also.  My kiddos.  They are even getting along better these past few weeks.  I think they are both starting to realize that Sissy will be going off to college next year and we won't be seeing nearly as much of here as we used to.  We'll still see her every weekend, but it's just not going to be the same.

Decorating cupcakes together

No comments:

Post a Comment