Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fruits of Neglect

As you may have noticed (maybe not, I'm not sure anyone but myself sees this), there has been a lack of posting on here as of late.  There has also been a lack of gardening going on as well.  As a matter of fact, we were gone for three weeks and absolutely noting was accomplished in the garden.  The basil has gone completely to seed, the rosemary died for lack of water, the okra is hanging on and I have quite a few red jalapenos to pick.  The tomatoes seem to have new life, but I don't think I will get any ripe before it frosts, but maybe.  The garden is in dire need of cleaning out and the yard need to be mowed for what I hope will be one last time this year.  Then the leaves will begin to fall and need to be raked and hopefully we can burn the yard off this year.  Tomorrow begins the garden clean-up. 

Here are some before pics.

Clockwise from top left: Okra, tomatoes, basil, romas.  The okra nd tomatoes are still producing!

Clockwise from top left:Strawberries, ready to clean, ready to clean again, sweet potatoes.
The sweet potatoes are just awaiting the first hard frost!

No comments:

Post a Comment