Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rewards

We are finally getting a little something form the garden.  I shouldn't complain since I got it put in about three weeks late, but I'm going to anyway.

Typical Oklahoma garden fare.  Tomato, peppers, beans (black), and okra!

Of course since it is just the first fruits of our harvest, there are not many yet, but I do see tomatoes on the vine that are just about ready and the eggplant is producing well, along with the okra.  Soon I will have more of everything than I know what to do with.

Two of my tomatoes, both are heirloom, but now I forget what kind.  Guess I'll have to find the tags!

Okra-Clemson spineless
I finally pulled up the mustard, lettuce, and spinach.  They were all on their last leg.  The chickens and ducks really enjoyed it though.

 <--Mustard before       Mustard after-->
As with most people, I hate to weed.  Enter young slave labor.  Well, he's not quite slave labor.  I did tell him if he would do a good job, I would pay him.  Probably more than I should, but it's worth it to me.  Saves my back and teaches him that hard work does pay off!   Besides all of that, I got a flower!

A job well done.  Eccl 9:10
I just get rewarded all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment