Friday, April 23, 2010

Resting Up

Well, the garden is, for the most part, finished.  I still need to find some spaghetti squash seed or plants and  put hay on the rest of the garden, but for the most part it is ready to just be pampered.  Today, I took the day off from the garden.  I did go out and take some covers off of my bell peppers.  It was stormy last night, so I wanted to be sure the hail didn't get them.  No hail anyway.  We moved three more hay bales to the garden.  Sunday I hope to get them strung out.  I also bought some strawberries.  Elijah wants a Topsy Turvy for strawberries, so I we decided we would get one of those and see how we fair.  The tomato in the Topsy Turvy didn't fair to well in the wind last night.  We think it got to twirling in the wind and snapped off.  I put a more mature one in today.  I'm hoping this one does well.



HAY THERE!

I had hoped to keep track of the rain this year.  Elijah had our rain gauge turned upside down.  They don't catch much water that way.  Go figure.


I guess we'll never know!

The 7th is about to begin with a beautiful sunset.  Not my 7th day in the garden, someone else's 7th day.  Besides, His garden was much more impressive!  Now it's really time to rest!


I'm sure it is more spectacular without the tree in the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment